This weekend it is one year since I received my residence permit and green card status. We wanted to celebrate with dinner, and wanted something a little more exciting than McDonalds! There is a little diner just down the road from our house, and though we have often talked about eating there, we had never done it. So, last night was the night!
We headed to Prospect Diner, and when we walked in the door, we almost felt like we had stumbled onto the set of Corner Gas (a popular Canadian sitcom). We felt like we were sitting in The Ruby, and thought Lacey should come take our order any moment. We even wondered where Hank was!
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the experience, but let me tell you... it was a lot of fun. If you are familiar with Corner Gas, you'll be pleased to know they even had chili cheese dogs on the menu! We thought about ordering them, but decided to go with burgers instead. Maybe next time...
If there is a next time, hopefully we can get some pictures too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Cheryl :) I found your blog through your comment on Jamy's blog. It's fun to catch up with old friends. I did read your wedding announcement in the Winkler paper last year, and was wondering how you were doing. Looks like all is well :)
Post a Comment