New postings seem to be a rare commodity around these parts. Somehow, the days pass by, and nothing feels very worthy of writing about. Nevertheless, I know there are a faithful few who check often, hoping for an update of sorts, so this one's for you!
My schedule is about to change once again. I'm planning to continue working 40% for EMM, and will also continue teaching piano. I have seven students right now, and I fit them all into one day of the week. Recently, I was offered the opportunity to add some childcare to my schedule and that appears to be working out. I am looking after a 3-month old one to two days per week, and as time permits, looking after a newborn and his 2-yr old sister one or two afternoons per week.
My days feel like a hodge podge at times - but I love it. I like the variety, and I really like being able to tap into different interests.
Andy and I are also starting a Financial Peace University class at church within the next few weeks. We took this course last spring, and were significantly impacted. We coordinated a class in the fall and are getting ready to do another one. For a glimpse of what we focus on, check out this site. This is the class that has inspired us to get rid of all our debt and live debt-free lives. It takes discipline, but it IS possible!
In my free time, I still enjoy looking for savings and deals, and using coupons. My more recent challenge to myself has been to see how healthy our meals and snacks can be without blowing the budget. I've been amazed to find out that we can eat mostly natural food, preservative free, without increasing the budget. It takes planning, but it can be done! I recently received a question about this from another blogger, so I posted about it on my Frugal Living blog. Check it out there for more details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment