My mommy suggested that I share a glimpse of my recent travels. She thought you would all like to know what it was like from my perspective. Most of the time, I really didn't notice any difference, as long as everyone let me eat and sleep when I wanted to. There were some special moments, however. Mommy tried to catch them on camera. She's not the best with the camera, but she gets an A for trying and trying and trying... and wearing out my patience. My
Auntie Heather, on the other hand, is very good with the camera. She snapped some keepers, and my mommy is so happy for those. Thanks Auntie Heather! Many of the pictures that I'll share with you are ones she took. She gave me special permission to use them, because I'm the star of the show. At least that's what they kept telling me. However, please remember that if you want to use these same pictures, you have to ask Auntie Heather yourself. She'll probably say yes (if she doesn't, get me to ask for you, cause I can make her say yes) but it's nice to ask anyway. :)
Okay... on to our story. Mommy and Daddy had long discussions about whether to fly or drive. The benefit of driving is that if I'm loud (I'm never loud!), I wouldn't bother 100 other people. (I never bother people either). The downside to driving is it takes a long time, I sometimes get tired of my car seat, and snowstorms are always a possibility. The benefit of flying was the shorter trip. The downside to that was the cramped quarters, Daddy's stomach not liking turbulence, and the risk of how I would react to air pressure changes. In the end, they decided to fly. If they would have listened to me in the first place, they would have known that I like to fly. Why did they worry about me? Their ears hurt more than mine. I loved the fact that flying all day meant Mommy had to hold me all day. I LOVE being held. Now, she tried to get away with half-holding me (see below), but I made sure to get out of that several times by exercising my lungs. I just didn't like that she wanted my face so close to her. I wanted to look around and see the sights!

Well, after a long day of travel, we finally arrived in Manitoba. It was cold! I never felt anything like that before, but it sure was refreshing. Mommy is relieved that I like cold weather. I might not look like her, but I have Canadian blood!
The best part of the trip was seeing my Grandpa and Grandma again... and meeting my Uncle Brian, Auntie Heather, Auntie Lori, my great grandmas, and so many of Mommy's cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends. Whew! There sure were a lot of people. I tried to smile for everyone, but sometimes it was just a little much. I was happiest when I could just be at Grandma & Grandpa's house. When we were there, everyone would pay attention to me and do whatever I wanted. It was great. Here's a few shots of them adoring me...
I also celebrated my 2 month birthday in Canada. Auntie Heather took some special pictures of that.
My Mommy's cousin made a special "welcome" cake for me, and amazingly, it matched one of my outfits. Of course, that meant Auntie Heather pulled out her camera again. It was so funny, because Auntie Lori just wanted a piece of cake, but Auntie Heather needed the cake for the photos. Oh, those two. If I ever have siblings, I'll know just how to handle them! Thanks for waiting, Auntie Lori. The pictures are so cool!
There's so much more I could say, but really, the whole trip just consisted of me being the center of attention. It was fabulous. Now that we're back home, my Mommy thinks it's reasonable for me to not be held all the time. I'm trying to teach her differently, but I'm afraid it's a losing battle. I need to work on my determination, I suppose. In the meantime, I'd like to leave you with a few more photos.
 |
| I'm the cute one. Glad they all know it! |
|
|
|
 |
| Okay, really. I'm tired from all this modeling... |
 |
| Saying goodbye to Daddy. He said something about needing to go back home early to work. What's work? |
 |
| How do you like my pose? |
 |
| Snuggle time with Auntie Lori! |
 |
| Okay, seriously. I tried. But I am wiped out! |
|
|
I might have more tell you another day. For now, just looking at that shot of me sleeping is enough to make Mommy sleepy. She says it's time to wrap this up. Thanks for listening to my story!
4 comments:
This post seriously made my day. Like, actually. This makes me smile so, so big!!! Love it! We're go glad that you did come to see us! Wonderful pictures, and great narrative :)
Great narrative, I agree! And I loved seeing you guys!
Dear Elyse,
We loved having you in Canada. Come back again soon so we can keep spoiling you. :) (Don't forget to bring your mom and dad!)
Auntie Heather
Dear Elyse, Thank you so much for coming to visit us in Manitoba. Thank you also for sharing your travel story with us and for those beautiful pictures from Auntie Heather. You just enjoy the spotlight sweetheart.
It was great to be able to hold you, thanks for not crying and for pretending to enjoy it when I held you. That really made my day.
Be sure to come and visit again real soon, and continue to post pictures for us...since you are going to be growing so much now.
See you soon.
sheila
Post a Comment