Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dear World...


Mommy seems to have no time for blogs these days (something about me taking all her time and energy??) so I thought I'd at least give you a quick peek into my world. After all, mommy sometimes forgets how much I've changed because she sees me every day (and usually a couple times at night! HA!), and she doesn't realize that all of you are deprived of seeing my cuteness continue day after day. Plus, I've had some major milestones recently that I want to tell all of you about!

But without further adieu, here's an updated photo of me.



And, some things I think you'd like to know about me:

I eat solid foods now! I love anything my mommy will let me eat. Bananas are my favourite, but anything I can get in my mouth will work.

I have been teething for several months, but still no teeth show for it. I am a master at finding things to chew on, and I can beat anybody in a drooling contest. To illustrate, note the bib in the picture above. It's true that it's June, but sometimes mommy has to resort to winter bibs, just because I soaked all the other ones. Oops.

I am learning how to sit. I can usually sit by myself for a couple minutes, and then I prefer to somersault back down to my belly or back. Sometimes I don't like the sudden change in position, but usually I think it's funny, as long as mommy agrees.

My absolutely favourite thing to do is go for walks. I love to ride in the stroller. I never fall asleep - I just take in all the world around me. The other day, a neighbor's dog came right up to the stroller and started barking at me. I think I was supposed to be scared, but I just laughed out loud. I'm a brave girl.

Mommy thinks my next major milestone should be sleeping through the night, but I'm fighting that one with all I have. Not sure how long I can hold out, though. And speaking of sleep, she says it's naptime now. I guess she's not appreciating my current grumpy state.

Great to catch up with all of you. Sweet dreams!

~Elyse



1 comment:

Heather said...

Elyse,

I heard you have a tooth to show for all that drool. Can't wait to see it! (And you. And your mom.)
:)

Love,
Auntie Heather