Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Time for Everything

Hello Blog World!

Oh, how I have missed you. Many days go by where I "write" a blog entry in my thoughts, combining experiences, emotions, and thoughts from my day. But the minutes in these days seem to zoom by, until, when my head is hitting the pillow, I feel this small regret that my thoughts never made it to paper (or keyboard, as the case may be), and I add it to my to-do list for the next day. And as one day piles onto the next, it gets easier and easier to "just not do it" (sorry Nike).

But, I was encouraged recently that there may still be hope for me, my love of writing, and my blog. I had a brief conversation with a very avid blogger who assured me that life is full of seasons, and this season provides less time for blogging and more time for learning to see the world through the eyes of my little girl - and that I should just go with it, and know that I can return to blogging "someday". So, I've been hanging onto those words. And when the choice presents itself, I've been trying hard to choose to sing the ABCs with Elyse for the thousandth time rather than distract her with her dolls, and quickly try and slip in a few minutes on the computer.

And yes, it really does feel like we sing the ABCs a thousand times a day. It's currently her favorite song. So much so, that she actually "sings" them herself. You certainly cannot understand each letter, but once I tell you she's singing them, you might be able to pick out a little bit of the rhythm and intonation. Mostly, you'd know, because she will sing and ask (by waving hands frantically) for you to sing along. And only once you pick the right song (yes, we cycle through Head & Shoulders, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Jesus Loves Me, Skip to My Lou, and many others) will the frantic hand waving stop. And she'll smile for the duration of the ABCs, and as the last word comes out, she begins her request for the next round.

Good thing I learned my letters in Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I like this. Thanks for writing. I think of you often :)