or...
Emergency Room?
Actually, this week it's both. Our week has gone entirely different than planned, but at each step and corner, I'm reminded again of the hope that comes from living in the love and grace of Jesus.
For the last week, I've been struggling with an extreme headache. I have some ongoing headaches, but this one hit last Monday night and was nearly relentless for seven days. I had some small breaks of less pain, but for the most part relief was hard to find. The doctors were confused and unsure of what to do since the headache wasn't responding to medications. They did send me to the ER once last week just to alleviate worries about some more serious conditions. Thankfully a CT scan and some blood work showed no acute troubles, and an adjustment of medications started helping a little bit.
The story doesn't end like a fairy tale, because I still don't know what caused the headache. However, here are some reasons for rejoicing tonight:
- I'm feeling reasonably well, with a minimal headache and no throbbing for the first time in a week!
- We have had friends, family, and medical staff stand with us all along the way. We've never felt alone, and never felt like we had to figure this out by ourselves.
- Most of all, our strength continues to come from our Lord. What a gracious Father and Friend. We couldn't do this life without Him, and can't imagine how anyone would want to try. If you don't know Him, you're missing the reason for life. Ask me!

No comments:
Post a Comment