Friday, November 5, 2010

50 & Counting...

Out of the blue, I happened to realize today that it's fifty days until our baby's due date. Even allowing for going a bit late, we will be holding our dear little jelly bean in two months. Wow.

Most things are ready. If the baby came now, it would have a place to sleep, and we'd have diapers for a few days. We'd survive. But so far, I'm not anxious for an early delivery. I'm pretty sure I need every day of these nine months to get ready - not so much for nursery preparations, but for ME preparations. I need the whole nine months to get ready for the biggest change in our lives. I need the whole nine months to rest up, because I've been told we won't sleep the same again for the next 18 years. And, I need the whole nine months to get used to the idea that when this one cries, I'm the mommy that is responsible. Hmm... :)

I'm not a big fan of jelly beans, but since that's what this little one has been nicknamed since the beginning, I've been thinking maybe I should get a jar with 50 jelly beans and eat one a day for the next 50 days to countdown. Or maybe I'll do the counting and let Andy eat the jelly beans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited with you as you countdown to jelly bean!

Heather said...

You should definitely do a jelly bean countdown :)

Lori said...

Yay you're still alive...and so is this blog! Only 50 days left?! Well, 49 now ;) That's sooo exciting! Also, I think Andy would definitely appreciate the jelly bean countdown :)