Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thank you, Mr. Cow, for having an expiration date...

If you know me at all, you know that I love to score a good deal. Well, today was a big scoring day! I made a quick trip to the grocery store this morning to pick up a few things for some events this weekend. Thursday morning is not my normal shopping day, but I just might have to change that. I made my usual loop around the store (shopping mostly on the perimeter, avoiding processed foods for the most part...) and when I got to the meat section, I almost called Andy because I could hardly contain my excitement. It appears that I arrived immediately after they went through and put discount stickers on a ton of their beef. The packages were nearing their sell-by date, so they needed to be moved out quickly. No problem for me, since I like to buy in bulk and freeze the meat. I hadn't planned on a big meat purchase today, but after a quick glance in my grocery envelope to see how much cash I had left, I snagged a few trays. We will be enjoying meals that require beef cubes and steak, something I rarely buy. We're a "$2 or less per pound" kind of family when it comes to meat, and you can't find much beef other than ground for that price. Today, multiple options were available at $2 per pound. Now the only challenge is deciding whether dinner tomorrow night should be steak or beef stew. What a challenge... :)

I love a good deal!

3 comments:

Lori said...

That's awesome! I'd love to come and help you decide...and eat :)

Lori said...

And just a little edit, I think "Mr. Cow" would actually be a "Mrs. Cow"...but that's just a minor detail ;)

Heather said...

Haha, I thought the same thing.

Nice find, Cheryl. :)