Thursday, May 17, 2012

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

The excitement has been increasing while the countdown has been decreasing. Though at times the wait seemed endless, like a child waiting for Christmas morning, my logic skills assured me that the day would actually come. And now, the weekend is almost here! One of my dearest friends in the whole wide world is coming to visit this weekend. Our friendship goes back the very longest of any in my life. It holds more memories than I can count. It has lasted separation of miles, different ambitions and life goals, widely varied circumstances, joys, sorrows, and everything in between. But the key - it has lasted. It's one of those connections that can go silent for a long time - not a word spoken either way - but when the opportunity arises to connect again, it's instant. It seems that no time has passed at all.  And this weekend, we're getting one of those golden "connecting" opportunities. Actually, a whole heap of them, because we'll be together for 5 days! YES! I think it's been at least 6 years since we've had more than two hours together. Whatever will we do with this luxury? Well - the plan is to have fun. A lot of it. Time will tell what we actually decide to do with these precious moments together. I have some ideas up my sleeve. Perhaps she has some too. Put the two of us together and it's bound to be a good time. Yep, the girls are going to have fun.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't at least a little bit jealous, however I do hope that you have a wonderful time together! I'm happy that you'll get to reconnect again!!