Tomorrow is a big day for us. We're heading to Philadelphia for a day of appointments at the Headache Center at Jefferson University Hospital. For those of you who haven't followed my journey closely in the last while, here is a brief overview:
I've struggled with headaches for as long as I can remember. They seem to be getting worse, and I've spent the last two years in and out of medical appointments, trying new medications, therapy, diet, and everything else you can imagine. (Okay... not quite everything!) The neurologist that I have been seeing doesn't have any more ideas on what to do, so I've been referred to this headache center. We'll spend most of the day (4-6 hours) in various appointments with different doctors and nurses, allowing them to get a full picture of my medical history and current symptoms.
We've waiting four months for this appointment, and it's a bit hard to believe that it's tomorrow. The biggest challenge that I'm finding right is to make sure that our hope does not rest in the results of tomorrow. If I let myself get stuck there, I could be in for a major disappointment. But if we keep our eyes on Jesus, we know that our hope doesn't rest in the sum of the answers of tomorrow.
One of my dear friends, Jen, has been going through her own set of health struggles, and she reminded me of something so important the other day. She included a phrase that would help me to apply it to my situation... "Some trust in chariots, some trust in horses, some trust in good doctors, but we trust in the Name of the Lord our God!"
We're trusting that God will be glorified, whether I know a day without headaches or not. Thanks for standing with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment