I just have to say... having Lori here is a blast. It has been such a long time since we've been able to spend time together. We're having a great time doing almost nothing. One thing that has sort of been a theme throughout our time together so far is bargain hunting. I've introduced her to it, and I think I might even be convincing her that this is a good way to go. :) On her second day here, she joined us at a class we've been taking - Financial Peace University. If you're not familiar with it, check out www.daveramsey.com for details. Or, you can ask me about it. It has revolutionized how we deal with finances, and I would highly recommend it for anyone.
So, after a good dose of Dave on Thursday night, we went bargain hunting on Friday. We had a great girl's day out, and spent time seeking out the deals. We both scored, and ended up with pants and shorts for just a few dollars. (Yay for clearance racks combined with coupons!)
Saturday morning, we started out bright and early with yard sales. We really thought we were just going to look, but ended up hitting the jack pot. Ever since we moved to this house, we've wanted a sectional couch for our basement. We happened to see one in great shape for a great price, so it's now in our basement. We also found some great clothes, and ended up spending just a few dollars for great name-brand, like-new clothing.
We enjoyed further deals with a free movie from Redbox. Not familiar with Redbox? Check it out online or ask me. Rentals are a dollar, but there are promo codes for free movies. Ask if you're interested, and I'll give you the scoop.
So, I haven't asked Lori yet, but I think she might be a bit overwhelmed. This is not the sister that she knew. I was always careful with my money, but not quite into bargain-hunting like I am now. It's a great game, and we've had fun together. Perhaps I've inspired her...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment