Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yard Sales!

Might be hard to believe, but this is the first year I have intentionally hit up yard sales. I am learning to find all kinds of deals out there! I think I've become convinced that when we have children, they will not get many new toys. Everyone is selling used toys in great condition for a dollar or two. One man's junk is another man's treasure!

Our great find of the season so far has been a sectional couch for our basement. Not only is it in great shape, but it's also a sleeper sofa, so it provides an extra bed for guests. I've also been finding other treasures like board games, some clothing, and other random things. The highlight so far has been meeting up with a good friend every Saturday morning, drinking our coffee, and perusing the sales.

Are you a yard sale-er? What goodies are you finding?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Just a translation - hide-a-bed;)
Hope the rest of your yard sale went well! I wish I could come with you every Saturday...that would be so much fun!