Have you ever jumped off a cliff, and felt the exhilarating thrill as gravity forced you into an immediate freefall? Hopefully, you planned ahead enough for a happy ending to your leap, including bungee jumping, a deep body of water, or some other creative method for breaking the fall.
This week, I jumped. Not literally, but figuratively. Right now, I am thoroughly enjoying the thrill of the freefall. It's uncharacteristic for me to do something this risky, but I am learning to live in the moment. I'm a little unsure about the landing, because I can't see exactly what it is that will catch me, but I have faith. You see, God is the One who asked me to jump. So I did. And I believe with all my heart that He will never take His eyes off of me. So, I know that somehow, His hands will be there to catch me before I hit rock bottom.
So - what's this big jump? I resigned from 60% of my position at work. I will continue to work for the same organization four mornings each week, but afternoons and Fridays contain activities that are yet to be determined. Yes - it's true. I resigned, and I don't have a clear plan in place. Crazy? Perhaps. No regrets, though. We received clear direction from the Lord to take this step of faith, and so here we are. What could be better than obedience?
I shocked myself a few days ago when I realized that I never even sat down to figure out our expenses and our "new" income to see if we could "make it"... it wasn't because we didn't take time to consider this move, it's just that we felt so strongly that this was the direction we were to take. The first reduced paycheck feels like the end of the freefall. SPLAT! However, we're living in faith, and asking the Lord daily for direction. We know He's not forgetting about us. We're already seeing provision pop up in overwhelming ways.
I will spend some of my time teaching private piano lessons. I have scheduled a few students, and still have room for a few more. I am also looking forward to exploring some interests and passions that have not received much attention lately. Hopefully, the more flexible schedule will also allow for some volunteer opportunities, as well as chances to assist friends and neighbours.
Living in obedience - it doesn't always make sense, but by the peace and joy we're given, we KNOW we've taken the right step.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think this is great Cheryl. All the best as you step back and assess.
Post a Comment