Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Follow-up to Yesterday

Just a quick note on my appointment in Philadelphia yesterday. I think it went as well as can be expected. Most of the way there, I spent time praying that God would lead me in how I shared and what I shared. I'm not scared to share about the miracle He has done in me, but I also wanted to be wise, and share in a way that it would best be received, yet not dilute the message.

I had the opportunity to clearly share with my doctor and nurse that I was healed in an instant - something which surprised them. They expected it to be gradual improvement. They were also surprised by the date of my healing - it doesn't coincide well with the timelines of any of my medications, and has them puzzled as to why I would have suddenly been better. I should have either felt better in May or August, not July. I told them exactly what I believe occurred, but didn't push the subject. I tried to place myself in their shoes, and keep in mind that without having a personal encounter with Jesus, my story sounds pretty crazy.

So, I think yesterday was a seed-planting day. I go back again in a few months. Perhaps I'll have a small window of opportunity to tend that seed. In the meantime, we are beginning a very slow process of decreasing one of my medications. If that goes well, we may try decreasing another one in about three months.

Thanks for praying with me. Continue to pray for my medical team - especially Dr. N. - whom I have opportunity to relate personally with. Pray that the eyes of her heart might be enlightened to what is going on here! :)

No comments: