Friday, September 4, 2009

This New Schedule...

One week into a new schedule. I'm not sure yet how I like it. Sure, there are benefits to only working in the mornings. I love the flexibility that the afternoons bring. At the same time though, I think, I could do more than this! Why did I cut back on work hours? Doing things like making our own salsa and freezing other garden produce is not going to balance the budget. What was I thinking?

Oh yes... that thing called obedience. I am so peaceful. I know that I've made the right decision. I'm actually trying hard now NOT to fill up my afternoons just yet. I want to keep a good balance between getting more things crossed off my to-do list, and spending time with the Lord. After all, we stepped out in faith, believing that more direction was yet to come. We haven't received it yet. If I don't take intentional time to listen, how will I hear what He is preparing to speak to me?

So, I wait. I have had a few one-on-one meetings that have been immensely encouraging and challenging. I am blessed with strong women of faith in my life. I am learning to guard my thoughts, to turn them heavenward, even when doing the chores like mowing the lawn or chopping veggies for salsa. If only I can concentrate, it becomes excellent times to pray for my friends and neighbors. I am spending a lot of time curled up in my favorite chair, sometimes with a Bible and journal, and sometimes just in silence. I'm learning to sit at the feet of the Lord. Not an easy thing for this "go go go" person. I'm returning to the piano more often. I'm playing Chopin and Brahms and Mozart. I'm dreaming of the impossible, and wondering how it might come to pass.

I feel like I've been set free. Now, if only the mortgage wasn't due...

1 comment: