Monday, October 12, 2009

One Year and Counting...

Yesterday marks one year since we moved into this house. I am so grateful for the blessing that this space and this location has been for us. I never dreamed of all the opportunities we would have to be involved in other people's lives just by moving to a new location. And yet, I feel like we have only scratched the surface. There is so much for us here. At times I get anxious to "get moving" and head back overseas, but we're not sensing that call right now. We're settling in here, at least for the foreseeable future. We're learning a few things - what it means to be content wherever we are, what it means to reach out to our neighbours here, what it means to live within our means so we always have something to share with others. Yes, I think we could be here for a lifetime, learning lessons!

Recently, I've been thinking about the outside of our house. We have so many ideas and dreams for what "could be" but resources hold us back. Other than some cosmetic clean-up, the outside looks pretty similar to when we bought the house. However, the inside has seen some significant remodel work. I hope and pray that the same thing is occurring within us. We might get some cosmetic outward changes :), but I hope and pray that the significant work going on during this time is reconstruction of our insides - "redoing" the inner design to be more in line with Christ.

Thanks Lord, for having us here. It's not always easy, but You are teaching us good things.

No comments: