Friday, December 5, 2008

From Groggy to Jittery

Well, the journey continues. I assumed I would need a day or two to bounce back from the IV treatment. I didn't assume that my body would react to the cold-turkey stop from the cocktail of meds I had been... umm... enjoying. Yesterday, I began to move from totally groggy and sleepy to incredibly jittery. I'm not just saying that my toes were tapping... I'm saying that I couldn't sit still for more than a few minutes, I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin, and my mind was racing. I didn't remember any warnings about this kind of follow-up reaction, but then again, I don't remember much at all from our Philly days, including what the doctor said. (Always a good idea to take a second person with you to listen for you!) I slept very little last night and spent a lot of time tossing and turning, and pacing back and forth across the living room floor.

I have spent a few hours working today, but my mind is still racing and spinning, so it's hard to concentrate and get much done in an efficient manner. I did have the opportunity to talk with my doctor, and she assured me that this is a normal post-medication response. She gave me a suggestion for medication to take this evening, with the hopes that it will calm me down and slow me up enough to sleep.

On to the big question... what about your headache??? Yes, this remains the large uncertainty amidst everything. At times, it seems to get lost in the shuffle of trying to get back to normal life, but after all, that's the issue that took us off course in the first place. Right now, there is no earth shattering news. I still have a headache. It may be a bit less in strength, but hard to tell right now. Please keep praying with us for complete healing! I know the doctors had hoped for no headache by now, so for me to report one is discouraging to everyone. However, we keep trusting and believing in full health, even with the "apparent" failure of this treatment.

We have no "next steps" in place until late January. We are looking forward to some rest and relaxation over the holidays, with lots of time for making great family memories. Thanks for standing with us. We'll try to keep putting updates here. If you have questions that I haven't answered, feel free to drop me a line.

Oh, and I'd love to know who has been following us via the blog, especially this week. If you don't mind, leave a short comment so I know who I'm writing to. :) Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read each day.

Leon

jlanders said...

I've been reading and following Cheryl! Thanks for allowing us to pray over you and Andy tonight - I am believing in a miracle!

Lori said...

Thanks for keeping us all posted - I love reading new blog postings :)

Heather said...

I'm following and remembering.

Erica said...

I've been following and praying Cheryl. :)

Anonymous said...

i've been keeping tabs on you! :) and then passing it on to the rest of the fam...

Anonymous said...

I am catching up to you! I am so sorry that you are not headache free after all that!
Michelle