While we were out, I got really excited about all the decorations, and was a bit disappointed that we won't have a tree this year. (Spending Christmas with my family means we won't be around to care for our tree, so we decided not to get one. No worries though - we'd pick family over a tree any day!) In one store, we stumbled upon a cute little tree and started having fun with miniature decorations, a fun "pot" for the tree, and lots of fake snow. (Oh yes - I'll be sweeping it up for weeks to come!) We even found miniature lights. Our star is a little big compared to the rest of the tree, but we think it looks cool. :) Check out our replacement tree of the year. Too bad you couldn't be here to enjoy the decorating process with us. It was a blast!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
What a great day! We started and nearly finished our Christmas shopping today. We headed out first thing this morning, armed with a list and a plan. Apart from one store that "ran out of gift cards" (never heard of that before!), we're all set. Just some wrapping left to do this week and we'll be ready with gifts.
While we were out, I got really excited about all the decorations, and was a bit disappointed that we won't have a tree this year. (Spending Christmas with my family means we won't be around to care for our tree, so we decided not to get one. No worries though - we'd pick family over a tree any day!) In one store, we stumbled upon a cute little tree and started having fun with miniature decorations, a fun "pot" for the tree, and lots of fake snow. (Oh yes - I'll be sweeping it up for weeks to come!) We even found miniature lights. Our star is a little big compared to the rest of the tree, but we think it looks cool. :) Check out our replacement tree of the year. Too bad you couldn't be here to enjoy the decorating process with us. It was a blast!

While we were out, I got really excited about all the decorations, and was a bit disappointed that we won't have a tree this year. (Spending Christmas with my family means we won't be around to care for our tree, so we decided not to get one. No worries though - we'd pick family over a tree any day!) In one store, we stumbled upon a cute little tree and started having fun with miniature decorations, a fun "pot" for the tree, and lots of fake snow. (Oh yes - I'll be sweeping it up for weeks to come!) We even found miniature lights. Our star is a little big compared to the rest of the tree, but we think it looks cool. :) Check out our replacement tree of the year. Too bad you couldn't be here to enjoy the decorating process with us. It was a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay, that is such a cute little tree! I love the little lights!! And you would have a snowman pot too!!! If you don't want to sweep up the "snow", I'll gladly come and sweep for you...and do your laundry...and vacuum...what other toys do you have:) Love you!
Hey Cheryl. Can you email me your mailing address? I'd like to mail something to you but don't have it.
Thanks alot.
jsuderman_mk@hotmail.com
Post a Comment