Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Last Day O' Infusion

Disclaimer: *This is Andy*

Now I'm checking out of our hotel and will go back to the hospital and wait in the waiting room for Cheryl. She should be done between 2 and 4 pm today (great window right?!) and then we'll be on our way home. Here is a window into yesterday from my POV. (Relating to Cheryl)

Wake up yesterday morning at 6:00 am, she showers, gets ready and then we leave for the hospital. We arrive around 7:00 am and get some breakfast in the cafeteria (just like school again). 7:45 am we have our first meeting with the doc. on the 8th floor. Then we go down to the first floor walk outside 100 ft then back in on the other side of the hospital. Go into the infusion center and check in. Then we wait about an hour for the nurse to come and get her IV started. She has struggled to stay awake this whole time. Eats a granola bar and then I leave her to rest. I come back around lunch and she is asleep, so I wake her up to eat her sandwich and then she's back to sleep. I come back around 3 pm and she's asleep. They finish up her IV's and we leave around 3:30 pm. We return to the hotel and she lays down and goes back to sleep. Around 5:30 pm I wake her up to eat a cheeseburger. 20 minutes and 1/2 of a burger later she's asleep again. She wakes up around 8 pm and stays awake for maybe 30 minutes then it's back to sleep for her again. I go to sleep around 9:30 pm and she's out like I would be in a fight against a kangaroo. She sleeps until 6:00 am this morning and then the same routine and she's asleep again at the hospital.

So...lots of sleeping. :)

Over and out.

No comments: